Yahoo dating service flint michigan
Most of what is known as Lansing today is the result of the city becoming an industrial powerhouse which began with the founding of Olds Motor Vehicle Company in August 1897.
The company went through many changes, including a buyout, between its founding to 1905 when founder Ransom E.
The area is home to two medical schools, one veterinary school, two nursing schools, two law schools—including Western Michigan University Cooley Law School and Michigan State University College of Law, a Big Ten Conference university - (Michigan State University), the Michigan State Capitol, the state Supreme Court, the Court of Appeals, a federal court, the Library of Michigan and Historical Center, and headquarters of four national insurance companies. The seat of government of Ingham County is Mason, The land that was to become Lansing was surveyed as "Township 4 North Range 2 West" in February 1827 in what was then dense forest.
It was the last of the county's townships to be surveyed, and the land was not offered for sale until October 1830.
The 2010 Census placed the city's population at 114,297, making it the fifth largest city in Michigan.
It is mostly in Ingham County, although portions of the city extend west into Eaton County and north into Clinton County.
Those who stayed quickly renamed the area "Lansing Township" in honor of their home village in New York.
Provoked by the growing crowd, Rajje's rampage took her through the men's wear, sporting goods and gift departments of a local Arlan's discount store before leading police on a two-mile chase in which she knocked down and injured a 67-year-old man, tried to move a car, and caused thousands of dollars in damage before being subdued.
In the winter of 1835 and early 1836, two brothers from New York plotted the area now known as REO Town just south of downtown Lansing and named it "Biddle City".
This land lay in a floodplain and was underwater during the majority of the year.
In April 1848, the legislature then gave the settlement the name of "Lansing".) in area was incorporated as a city.
The boundaries of the original city were Douglas Avenue to the north, Wood and Regent streets to the east, Mount Hope Avenue to the south, and Jenison Avenue to the west. Lansing began to grow steadily over the next two decades with the completion of the railroads through the city, a plank road, and the completion of the current capitol building in 1878.